Thursday, July 5, 2007

Greetings!

Welcome to my blog! I started this blog to see what this blogging thing is all about. I'm not sure the outcome of this will be, but I figure that as popular as blogging has become that I should try it for myself.

I chose the name "Rejoice In All Things" from one of my favorite Bible scripture passages, Phillipians 4:4-13. I enjoy reading this passage because no matter what is going on in my life, whether good or bad, this passage applies and helps turn sadness into joy and boastful pride into humility.

For ready reference I will provide the passage here:

4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

8Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. 9Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me—put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you.

10I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength.

- Phillipians 4:4- 13 (NIV)

By thinking of life's up and downs in this (the Lord's) frame of reference helps me to accept those things that are not enjoyable or comfortable and to avoid boasting when it appears things are going abundantly well.

The last sentence of each of the paragraphs provides a powerful message and brings comfort and stability when things are difficult.
  1. "... the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
  2. "... the God of peace will be with you."
  3. "I can do everything through him who gives me strength. "

Maybe something I write here will be engaging and insightful, but maybe not. Hopefully, everything I share here will be edifying, uplifting and worthy of honor to our Father in heaven. I hope that you'll respond as well. Maybe you'll get a chance to see things through my eyes and maybe I'll get the same chance to see them through yours.

So until next time, "I will say it again: Rejoice!"

1 comment:

Krista said...

I definitely think you should keep blogging. What a beautiful first entry. You have such a way with words, what a great way to share the amazing gifts God has given you. I was inspired by your entry, your insight and would love to read more!