Thursday, September 6, 2007

What About Those Annoying Interruptions?

O.k. so we're supposed to "rejoice in the Lord always". I had been planning on going out to a coffee house and listening to a musician coming in from another part of the country who may not ever be back again, but my kid's school decided to have open house that same night, at the same time. How am I supposed to rejoice over that?

C.S. Lewis writes, “There are no real interruptions. There is only the real life God brings us every day.”

Our children are never real inconveniences, but opportunities for us to go down unexpected paths for unknown reasons. But there are reasons, some we can determine and some only God knows about. It's in embracing that adventure of our family’s glorious interruptions that we can rejoice about if we are willing to give it a try.

Oh well, there will be other nights out and other good musicians at the coffee house. So I rejoice in the opportunity to spend some time with my child and see the work he's done at school and share accolades about him with his teacher.

1 comment:

Krista said...

You are back! I am so glad to see a new post. I have you in my list of blogs and I check in every now and then to see if you are there! YOU ARE! What a treat....you are right. There are a lot of interruptions, we have not been to church for two weeks because of them and that is definitely where I do a lot of my rejoicing. There is just something about being in his word with a room full of people praising and reading the same thing. These little ones that change our plans though are a gift for sure and it is very much our privilege to be a part of their lives. I am amazed daily at how quickly it is all passing and our time with them is relatively short. God willing we will be here for 80 years but we will really only have them daily for 20 if we are lucky. You made the right choice!!! It was nice to see a new post! Say hi to everyone from the Darr’s!