Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Where Does The Time Go?

It appears that neither time nor the world stands still waiting for my next blog entry. Likewise, I've not heard of any deaths by suffocation as readers hold their breath waiting to read my next keystroke. Whew! I was worried there.

Lots has happened in the last couple of months, but all I really remember is fun, fun fun and rush, rush, rush.

We visited friends in Virginia right after Christmas and brought back 3 goats to add to our herd, 2 bucks and a doeling. They got along well with our other goats, so much so that now our Alpine and Nubian does are pregnant so hopefully we will be back in the goat cheese business in June. It's not actually a business, but I like to think of it as one so I can dream of someday making money to cover the expenses of having these pet goats. Thinking about bringing back the goats reminded me of the grueling 24 hour drive each way, ugh! We did have good family time, when we weren't sleeping, reading or watching videos.

I had some comments asking about my Mother's condition after her run-in with the stoplight pole. She just called and told me her doctor says she is doing great. Last weekend we took her shoe shopping and she was able to bend over and tie her own shoes. All-in-all she's not doing too bad for an octagenarian, not to mention one that just recently broke her knee.

So the routine of life goes on without any great excitement. I kind of like it that way, at least for a little while every so often.

No comments: